People have always wondered if consuming marijuana had any effects on their ability to exercise properly, which has led to a lot of research on the subject matter. There are plenty of factors to consider if you want to know the effects of marijuana on your exercise routine, factors like what type of exercises you are doing or intend to do. If you are a marathon runner, a triathlon athlete or just a regular person, you should know the facts below.
If you intend to do a lot of cardiovascular exercises, smoking marijuana will affect your ability to exercise correctly, especially if you smoke joints or use bongs, because they diminish your lung capacity over time, and restrict the flow of blood and oxygen to your muscles. If you use a vaporizer instead of a joint or bong, it will have less of an effect on your performance, because it is much easier on your lungs.
As reported by http://mrvapo.com If you want to bulk up and put to add some muscles, you are required to eat 4-5 times a day, which can be a problem for some people, but if you consume marijuana before you eat, it will help you get your appetite up, and allow you to gain the weight you need to build the muscles. However, it is not a good idea to smoke or consume marijuana before you lift weights, because you shouldn’t operate heavy machinery when you are impaired.
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of the effects of marijuana on exercise.
- It helps you to relax: Working out can be stressful, but smoking or consuming the right type of marijuana can help your whole body relax.
- It helps recovery: When you work out, you are supposed to eat foods that are rich in protein, but sometimes you don’t have an appetite, consuming marijuana will help you gain your appetite, which will help your muscles recover faster from the workout.
- Marijuana causes loss of motivation, which is something anyone that has ever smoked before can attest to, the lack of motivation will prevent you from going to the gym regularly, and prevent you from exercising.
- Heavy smokers suffer a decrease in lung function, which means you will not be able to exercise at full capacity.
- Marijuana causes fatigue, which means you will get tired very quickly.
When consumed recreationally, marijuana will negatively affect your exercise, because you will lack the motivation to exercise regularly, but if is consumed with discipline, especially if you are trying to add some muscles to your body, marijuana can be very beneficial.